Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skill point system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 am

For the time being, while the site is still 'young' I think I have a pretty decent idea.

OKAY ranks are from E-S, but a problem that might be faced is OVER jutsu-ification. In other words, people just stacking huge lists of jutsu up. The higher your rank, the more jutsu right? Well, usually.

What i'm thinkin' personally is there be some sort of point system. Depending on your character level you get a certain amount of skill points. You can spend these skill points on new jutsu, E-S rank. The higher the rank, the higher the cost in Skill points.

For example-
Academy E - Free!
E- 1 Skill point
D- 3 skill points
C- 5 skill points
B- 7 skill points
A- 9 skill points
S- 12 skill points

Lets say a Genin character had a max of 50 points. They can only use up to 'C' rank jutsu, so they can have up to 10 'C' rank jutsu to spend all of their points! Or save some points for later rank ups.

Another possible advantage of this is earning points. Completeing missions, training, winning spars and matches etc could be ways of winning points, and putting point values on certain jobs! People could even gamble with their points, betting a certain amount for themselves in a battle. Of course these can be a way of gaining more points to have more jutsu. These can be detemined later of course...

Other innovative ideas for this system is to make starting at a lower level more economical. As someone whos starts as a Jounin will only have 70 points to spend, a character who starts as an academy student starts with 30 points, but gain 20 points for every advancement. By the time that academy student become a Jounin they will have a combined 90 points to spend on jutsu. This way people dont feel restrained when starting as a Genin, as it will pay off in the long run.

As far as having specialties in elements and fighting styles, perhaps learning tech in your specialty cost less points. Say, if an 'S' rank cost 12 points, and has the same element as you, then you get a two point discount. If you have the same fighting style as well, its another two point discount! Now you have an 'S' rank tech that would cost 12 points now only at 8 points. Kekkei Genkai jutsu can also have some sort of discount to them, making them less expensive because they are apart of your clan.

I know this is a bit of a different idea, but it's something I dreamed up while in the shower! And shower dreams are never wrong! RIGHT!? (Opinions would be lovely, lol)
Back to top Go down
Yondaime
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Yondaime

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:48 pm

I like it, though that thing of betting points its a bit "stupid" due to those points dont exist...Razz

Academy E - Free!
E- 1 Skill point

~These dosnt make sense, because the academy jutsus are all the E-rank jutsus that exist, and you learn at the academy...
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Lol, well if those points DID exist and you had some that you hadn't used you could bet them!

And in that case... ALL 'E' RANKS ARE FREE!

It's like a liquidation of E-rank jutsu. Get em at WTFlash quick jutsu mart!
Back to top Go down

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:01 am

disaprove it,

i think this system should work in battles. Each person and his rank has a chakra reserve so each rank jutsu cost some chakra

this way battles will be more fun and people will have to think what jutsu's to use before there chakra reserve depletes
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:16 am

LOL well first of all this isn't a place where things are approved or disapproved, from what I understand, it's just an idea I had in the shower, thanks.

If it was used to monitor jutsu approval then it would translate into battles. If we limited battles, mission, etc., by a point system then we should be limiting the RPG. If someone is good at roleplaying they should know their characters limitations; that apart of being a roleplayer, is knowing when to take a hit.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skill point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill point system   Skill point system Empty

Back to top Go down

Skill point system
Page 1 of 1