Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flash's Opinion

Go down 
+15
Seyren
Nagori
Y
Z
Absolute Greed.
Blaize
DarkChaosPriestess
Stephanie
Initake
Shiko
¶Wïnged Šërãphïm¶
Rhyme
Senkou
Alernik
Aokiji
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aokiji
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

I was bored...felt like complaining all at once.

First of all, the sunagakure thing is being handled wrong in my opinion. Things should be allowed to work themselves out. After everyone and their grandma threaten to leave, apparently staff has been trying to step in to simply 'prevent' people from leaving by saying that missing-nin status was 'full'. If the staff continues to attempt to bind and constrict what is possible, then the RPing will become so generic and boring that it won't be fun any more. First they prevent attacks on the villages without first talking to Adam, which is the hokage of konoha. Of course he isn't going to want you to attack his own village, he runs the place. It would then be unrealistic, because everyone is sitting around meta-game style expecting an attack and half the fun is the element of surprise.

So what does that mean? There are a bunch of Missing-nin and Akatsuki doing just about nothing; I know Akatsuki has been trying to do their own NPC stuff in random far off places while they are still apparently 'unknown', but honestly we have a bunch of inactive, active people. Active parts of the site that are tucked away where the main plot doesn't see them.

So, stop restraining RP with rules! A good site will be balanced enough that it doesn't need a bunch of "No trespassing" rules. The site as is, is very unbalanced. Why do I say that? Well lets look at the numbers. There are currently four S-ranked missing-nin and Seven-ish Akatsuki. That makes 12 S-ranked criminal themed characters. Do you know how many Sunagakure has? Zero. There isn't a single S-ranked unit in Sunagakure. I can't make heads or tails of Konoha, because I have no idea how many members are actually active, in spite of having plentiful "ANBU" ops. In any case, there are more bad then good. Sunagakure wouldn't be weak if the site didn't MAKE it weak. Stop approving S-ranked criminals and Akatsuki characters for fun! If anything, they need to be closed permanently. MN should be 'earned' or 'gained' not just given away. If there is one major problem here at US, its that many of the quality RPs that join here and that are active are stuck as useless criminals, when they should be providing the structure and examples of strong shinobi in villages.

The site doesn't need an Akatsuki when it easily comes up with bad guys with the natural flow of RP. Let Missing-nin do their thing instead of making a bunch of random S-ranked criminals. If the Missing-nin want to form a group, then let em, but an Unnecessary Akatsuki is nothing more then a plot tool; meaning that its members are subject to the rules of the plot, and thus can't RP freely because they are restricted by the sites rules. Its like RPing an NPC instead of having your own character.

This is nothing against 'Z' or 'Hage' because I love em both to death, but why were they both given S-ranked missing-nin status when the site was already unbalanced and sunagakure was in chaos?! They are both good RPers, their experience should be placed somewhere that it is needed. 'Z's character hasn't moved since being made! THat is an S-ranked criminal that has become completely useless because it has nothing to do.

And for the people in the village, we apparently dont know there are any bad guys, thus we can't do anything either. There is a mission board, but it isn't updated nearly as much as it should be. Sunagakure B-ranked missions are completely exhausted and I was denied access to A-ranked missions because of Sunagakure's status. So what now? I sit on my ass and watch Stephanie and her boy friend RP about boners (No offense).

AND ANOTHER THING! I've seen many questionable clan ideals, and two stick out in my mind. The first is the Alchemy clan made by Pat because he has been watching FMA lately. The first paragraph of thee KKG is enough to have it denied. THEY DONT HAVE CHAKRA! Is that not a red flag? All living things have chakra, so if a person doesn't have chakra then they are either dead or weren't alive in the first place. He then goes on to describe an alternative power source called "Alchemic energy" or something like that. A source that "unlike chakra, it is not a finite resource." If it isn't a finite source of energy, that means its an.. infinite source of energy, and thus as long as he has the "resources" he can continue to use attack forever. Not only was this looked over in my opinion, but by ditching the idea of use of chakra for something completely different, it is no longer even naruto based. The foundation of naruto is the concept of chakra; take that away, and your not RPing naruto anymore. This isn't an attempt to knock Pat, im just trying to say that this is something that should be looked into. Alternative 'forms' or 'types' of chakra is cool, as long as its still chakra, but an entirely different made up thing shouldn't be approved.

Another example is Ulkira's clan based off star wars that has a "Life Force" energy that they obtain by.. being taken away as children and trained... Once again we see a random energy introduced into the naruto vocabulary that isn't chakra restrictive, that is being considered fo approval. Not only that, but it has qualities simular to that of Senjutsu or sage chakra, which should be disallowed, refering to Uchiha like prediction skills,and will power based psychic abilities etc., Really? This shouldn't ever be approved on a naruto site. Again, not a personal attack.

So to sum it all up? Cut the Akatsuki, missing-nin for accomplish only, stop restricting roleplay with rules, and stop approving clans whose ideals are completely removed from the naruto world.
Back to top Go down
Alernik

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

...... thats a long post....
Back to top Go down
Senkou
Akatsuki Leader
Akatsuki Leader
Senkou

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Id just like to state that I have been fairly strict with who gets into akatsuki since I took the head, adn any substandard Rpers who got in, got in because you let them in when you were leader. Thats all I really have to say about any of this except that removing akatuski would be a bad idea at this point as the ball is rolling and you eliminate a very good plot line that is just starting to blossom. Give it time to come into fruition.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme

Rhyme

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 pm

I think he meant that they should focus on having more S Ranked Shinobi in Suna before accepting any more Akatsuki right of the bat, and allow them to RP their way in. I mean, 7 Akatsuki is more than enough for now. Also, I agree with him that you should allow Suna to become stronger before letting in more Criminals.
Back to top Go down
¶Wïnged Šërãphïm¶
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
¶Wïnged Šërãphïm¶

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Thank You Flash for getting the point across ;D

I agree with everything you said
Back to top Go down
Shiko
B ranked Missing-Ninja
B ranked Missing-Ninja
Shiko

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Aokiji wrote:

And for the people in the village, we apparently dont know there are any bad guys, thus we can't do anything either. There is a mission board, but it isn't updated nearly as much as it should be. Sunagakure B-ranked missions are completely exhausted and I was denied access to A-ranked missions because of Sunagakure's status. So what now? I sit on my ass and watch Stephanie and her boy friend RP about boners (No offense).

OMG I jizzed so hard when I read this.

So true, so true....

Finally, someone on the site knows whats actually goin on around here.
Back to top Go down
Initake

Initake

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Agreed Shiko. I think he was just the first one to say something about it.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Stephanie

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 pm

LOLOLOLOL.

For once I wasn't the one that brought up anything bad in that topic. But, I agree with every single thing you said. However we are allowed to go Missing Ninja through RP. Which I will be doing so, your post made me make up my mind.

Suna is boring. We don't have ANBU, good missions, and the people think we should stay in our little houses and not go hunt the people that attacked Suna or left, which is BS. Better yet, it took so friggen long to get a kazekage that everyone either wanted to leave or become inactive.

I remember when I was a missing Ninja, and we could attack anyone we wanted. When people started killing really fast everyone were like. "Oh snap! We gunna die!" So literally almost EVERYONE had private topics. It shouldn't be like that. Missing Ninja and Akatsuki are deadly, they kill people. That's why ANBU need to hunt them down. You have regular jounin going out to attack someone who attacked a whole village. Not one jounin wanted to follow except for brock which is sad, we had genin rushing to fight. I think rank's really need to be given out more carefully.

One serious question I have is...What the hell are you supposed to do when you can't enter private topics, Attack villages, and just sit there? You can only enter topics with the owner's permission, you can only attack major or minor villages with PERMISSION. Role playing isn't supposed to be "Closed". It is supposed to be open world with characters in it.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
DarkChaosPriestess

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:12 am

Stephanie wrote:
Role playing isn't supposed to be "Closed". It is supposed to be open world with characters in it.

So very very true...

Just make sure that it's completely logical to enter said topic or perform said action before actually doing it. I don't want a Missing Ninja attacking Sunagakure no Sato invading a supposedly private topic I have in Konohagakure no Sato [hypothetical, of course].

Just make sure that the Missing Nin actually know where they are and aren't BSing their location. Make sure that Missing Nin are in one general area until they decided to move [travelling topic].

So, yeah... just make it logical, and I'm good with it.
Back to top Go down
Blaize
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Blaize

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 am

Okay since we have to be bassed on the Naruto world i suggest this
since we have what we have in this site we are in need of upgrading suna. meaning its villagers and shinobi alike. This is why Chuunin exams and place of ranking needs to be taken place. Since ES is gone the power of ranking up in suna goes to the temp kage, who has many many buessness to do. As well as most of the admins are in konoha or Aks or MN, so they won't or can't address to suna's problems like they should. As you can see the Attack on suna was planned both IC and OOC which lead the head up, adam only help by having aid from another village and have konoha squad to help out?
What about Suna?

Why can't suna forces handle them?

We dont have an anbu?

From what Flash said we dont have S rank shinobi?

We don't have many jounin active as we should. Chuunin is low as well. So we need to be active and then have more ranking up. Not only that Rp should be fun. We need more missions as well and not only a one team and NPC type missions i mean missions involving Missing Ninja's and ally Missions as well. I wont get into AKS stuff because there doing their own thing. but still.
"Its time for a [positive] Change!"

ooc: Sorry for spelling i wrote a longer speech but my cpu shut down and did not save it]

UPDATED:
WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE WANT TO LEAVE SUNA. AFTER THE AFTERMATH MORE AND MORE SHINOBI WANTED TO LEAVE THE VILLAGE.

Why! Why! Why would you do that. It makes no freakening sence at all. DOnt just go and leave when ur village needs you. Hua? You worked so hard to make the rank you guys had and for what to leave the village of your own way, free will, because u didnt want to be in suna in the first place. This makes me feel unease.

Admins and mods i know u wanted to fill up suna but look what that has caused shinobi that didnt want to be there and wanted to leave the first chance they did. look! look how many people has tried. it upsets me dearly. What kind of country [suna] are we if we cant have shinobi loyal to it and has to be forced to be here!
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 am

Well, I obviously disagree with you not liking my clan idea, if you did your research you would find that it has 10 restrictions for every benefit. Other than that though, you're pretty much right. What you don't know, however, is that we are trying to sort out all these problems. We are working hard to find a good solution for the Suna crysis, and several of The Admins are trying to talk adam out of a lot of these silly rules. But he's being a bit of a nazi about it, and until we can get his okay, it's not gonna go anywhere.

And Hey don't complain about my new Suna Character, he's a huge asset to Suna xP. I'd just like to say that I'm just looking for a creative way to add flair to the site. I'm not going about the same old system of creating clans looking for ways to make my character OP without losing anything. Although my source of Alchemy is not a finite resource, I have way more limits than ninja. I'm a normal person. I have good endurance, but I can't last as long as you all can in fights. I can't run as fast as you, or jump as high as you. I can't heal your wounds with magical chakra, or create illusions but you have no choice but to fall into. So don't tell me I'm OP.
Back to top Go down
Z
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Z

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:42 am

Agreed to the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th degree Flash!!!!!!!!!!!Razz
If I knew Suna needed me I would've joined it, but I didn't know anything and I wasn't asked to join =/
Back to top Go down
Y
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Y

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:57 am

Z wrote:
Agreed to the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th degree Flash!!!!!!!!!!!Razz
If I knew Suna needed me I would've joined it, but I didn't know anything and I wasn't asked to join =/

Suna could just hire us >_> I'm working on my job application at the moment, I'm hoping they won't mind If I use Uchiha stationary.
Back to top Go down
Nagori
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Nagori

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 am

That is a good solution for Sunagakure to hire missing ninja and all, however that would cause Konohagakure to turn on them since hiring criminals is somewhat forbidden. If Sunagakure needs to be more powerful, than the only thing I can say is this. Those who are leaving Sunagakure behind because you feel it is, oh so too inactive or too boring! That is what everyone thinks, and so they leave, so the next bunch of people who come along can do exactly the same thing. Why not stick it out for more than a mere week and see how the village goes when more people join? Wouldn't that be fun? And Flash I can agree to every single point you've made clear above, however some free creation of characters not based on Chakra is one of the few freedoms people have when the site is so strict. So, many people like to take advantage of it, I would find this not to be a problem unless it makes the person anymore all mighty and powerful that a ninja already is. And as for Pat's clan, he enjoys it and it will benefit Sunagakure to have it, so I must digress that I agree with people being allowed to make what they please, as long as it isn't OP. But I also must leave on the note that if admin wants Sunagakure to stop being inactive or weak, then we need a Kazekage who hasn't been gone for three months of inactivity. I've never met the guy, but we really do need some form of leadership which provides a threat toward invading ninja so they don't try anything.

Also a form of team for Sunagakure which resembles ANBU, would be great! If you made a topic in feedback asking for opinions from the members, then you'd have millions pouring in every week. Admin don't need to think of everything alone, the members of the site are always here to give you their opinions and thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Seyren
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Seyren

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:55 am

I'd like to Point out a Few things;

First Of all I have to agree almost completely with what Jewels has stated, And I'm loving the Rant haha.

The First major Problem is Suna as we all can See;

Admins are supposedly "Sorting that out" but i have to disagree with that method, let the Suna members do what they think is right, Have them vote. If they want Elder-Sage gone, so be it, if they want to keep him and put in a Temp, so Be it. But having this "Admin Controlled" is a major process and is likely to take much longer then letting the member's sort it out for themselves. (AND MORE REALISTC). Someone would take charge, maybe even a few and a, oh i don't know "Village Council" Could be formed for these types of Situations. (Just a suggestion there :3)

As for the Missing Ninja/Akatsuki Thing;

Well we all know and Love our Precious Akatsuki (At least the members within it do) but I agree with Flash here, having them sit around on their arses and do squat is about as useful as giving a kid a lollipop and telling him to be good. He's not going to be good, You just gave him sugar. Akatsuki and the Missing Ninja I'm SURE want some blood on their hands, and another Thing i would like to add is. GET SOME GUTS YOU FOOLS, you sit around on your butts with your great character's with awesome skills. DO SOMETHING, kill civillians for all I care, just do something to get a plot to your character. It will be BORING if you sit there.

Onto the Final Problem Clan Ideals;

I'm indecisive in this, sure if you want a character thats based off another show i guess its alright. But why not do that? For Instance, Look at my character Balmung, he was based off Balmung in the ".hack" series and is similar but he abides by the Naruto Rules and Guidelines, Bringing characters from Alternate Dimensions? i think not. You want a character from another Show, Base it off him. Don't do things that would be extremely illogical to the Naruto World. If you want to be an Alchemist, get some potions and do shiz, don't bloody copy paste Edward. It is a lack of Creativity, not a source of it. (This is not soly directed at pat, I'm going off whats been posted so far, this obliges to all deemed "copy's")

As for the Drawbacks on said characters, It truly doesn't matter how drawn back it is, as long as its Illogical i will be against it. I have many ideas for character's based off other shows or what not, but most times you figure out they just wouldn't work (That's why they're there own show. Go find an FMA RP if you wanna RP FMA, or a Bleach forum if you wanna RP bleach. Show's don't intermix.
Back to top Go down
Full Μ£†ä|=)
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Full Μ£†ä|=)

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 am

Don't tell me I copy and pasted. I wrote up everything on my character myself every last word. I disagree with the rest of what you said, about illogicalities and such, mostly because there ARE seperate dimensions in Naruto, there ARE alternate forms of energy, etc. Why shouldn't show's occasonally intermix? It creates a more dynamic RP environment.
Back to top Go down
Seyren
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Seyren

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:05 am

The Character is a copy of Edward, You may not have directly Copy Pasted, but that is not what I Implied.

No there aren't, There is Chakra. Leaf Ninja is a Bible, i don't believe in Alternate Dimesions and Show's don't intermix because they are they're own entities. Hence Why they have their own show.

You have to think about it;

Lets say some Guy is like, I'mma Knight and he goes around and dances like a baffoon and rides a horse. Then another guy says, I'mma wizard! And the knight says alright thats okay. Then another person comes in and is like. OH HAI THAR I'MMA ROBOT. it just doesn't work. There is a point to which shows can intermix, I believe it has been crossed.
Back to top Go down
Full Μ£†ä|=)
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Full Μ£†ä|=)

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

Well you're allowed your own beliefs. As to the validity of them...well...thats something easily questioned.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Emperor
The Kazekage
The Kazekage
Lightning Emperor

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:42 am

Well im sorry but a world of feudal japan with cruise ships and cannons seems like a mix of things >> OH AND FLYING CASTLES! (based off Movie)

If you had read Pats new charrie HAS chakra so dont say he doesnt, I made sure he did hence why genjutsu affects him. Were here to RP and have fun, simple as that so who gives a fuck what and with whom you rp with?
Back to top Go down
Senkou
Akatsuki Leader
Akatsuki Leader
Senkou

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 am

OK as far as intermixing shows, so long as it is adapted to fit the universe its in, its fine. Ive read it and it all checks out. He isnt OP at all, and he does fucntion off chakra making him susceptible to genjutsu as well as having that to keep him alive. Hell I adapted Hiei from yu yu hakusho into a shinobi once and it worked beautifully and I never once got a complaint about it, then again he was 100% a shinobi. So ya. As long as it can be incorporated to the narutoverse and altered slightly to fit the bounds. I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Aokiji
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:11 am

Allow me to comment, that this wasn't a direct target on anyone. This wasn't meant to bash Pat, or his creation, or bastardize him or his character or ideals. The clan is as the clan says. It says they dont have chakra. It was just bringing an issue up. It isn't a matter of strengths and weaknesses. At some point you have to say "well.. Alchemy and naruto are two different things" if Pat wanted to make something Alchemy-esk then he could most likely do it with a form of Fuuinjutsu, not something that makes up its own energy completely foreign to the narutoverse. Yes, we are here to RP and have fun, but if we can allow anything, naruto or not, as long as its balanced, why even bother to call this a naruto RPG in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Full Μ£†ä|=)
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Full Μ£†ä|=)

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 am

No, it says they do have chakra, just in an incredibly small amount.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme

Rhyme

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:17 am

I don't think Pats clan is all that OP given his limitations, and please stop making it about him. I believe the Clan Issues are the least of all problems.
Also, about what Seyren said regarding a Council. Take the higher Ranking, Respected, Loyal Ninja in the village and make them Council members. Like Jiro, Pat, Shyke, and such in Konoha.
Back to top Go down
¶Wïnged Šërãphïm¶
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
¶Wïnged Šërãphïm¶

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 am

*coughcough* We are talking about Suna not Konoha*coughcough*
Back to top Go down
Rhyme

Rhyme

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 am

I realize that but I don't know any Suna Nin yet. So I was using them as an eg.
Oh, and if you like, I can get you some Benadryl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flash's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash's Opinion   Flash's Opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

Flash's Opinion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next