Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fireflies. [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 am

Darkness slowly but surely befalled the busy village, as everyone made their way home, whether it be from work, training, or a mission. The horizon was painted burnt colors of orange, pink, and purple. Clouds were floating steadily overhead, with a light breeze that made the leaves scatter and dance, and the trees gently sway. Shades of the trees matched the scenery, complimenting it in every way, the coming autumn. The air was crisp, and cool - every breath was refreshing. As the village slowly calmed, and everyone settled into their warm and loving homes, all became quiet. Only the gentle winds could be heard in unison with the rustling leaves, and the crickets' low chirping.

The approaching dusk woke the light of the village, when all the candles and lamps went out. Small lightning bugs awoke, and flew from their resting places. Their small glow was barely visible from afar, but up close, they were brilliant. Any small child filled with wonder would find excitement in these small fascinations, known as fireflies. Families would usually gather and capture them in jars to take home, while others would just stand and stare. Karis was one to watch the small creatures in wonder, in her lonesome. Her guardians never questioned her when she was late home, and never really bothered going with her anywhere. In all honest, she didn't mind otherwise. Their company wasn't really much company at all, and she preferred the light of fireflies over the light of her home anyday. For she felt much warmer in their presence, rather than curled up within those four walls.

Such a simple retreat, to escape the everyday routine. As she sat on the park bench staring off, she realized how long it had been since she had just sat down and relaxed. She always tried to keep herself busy, it distracted her from her thoughts, and temporarily made it easier to cope with the missing pieces of her life. At this very moment, this park was her sanctuary - a place of escape, and of peace. A satisfied sigh escaped her lips, as she smiled lighty at the children as they chased the bugs they seemed to be so pleased with. Despite the fact she was technically no longer a child, she couldn't help but think like one. Whether she wanted to willingly admit it or not, she was just as content with the small wonders of light as the children were, if not, more.

Karis watched as they all left, one by one, the children clinging to their parents for warmth as they sleepily walked home. She imagined them being put to bed, and dreaming of wonderful things. Now she sat, alone in the cold, staring off into the horizon. The fireflies continued to fly to the sky, one by one, eventually meeting again, together...
Back to top Go down
~Shikachi~
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
~Shikachi~

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 am

(I'm really sorry if my post sucks, but i haven't rped in like 2 years ^-^)

Shikachi was just walking in the park admiring the sky, and the colors that surround it. He had just finished his training and was covered with scratches, cuts and bruises. He looked around at all the children wandering around, playing with the little fireflies amazed by there powers. If only i could be at peace like a child again he thought to himself. Then he began to remember the times of happiness he had.

He missed the old days with his parents and his family. Now he had nothing except himself. Shikachi dismissed the negative thoughts right away and went back to looking at the fireflies. After walking for about 6 minutes he spotted a girl that looked fairly about his age, and she was cute too. Shikachi liked her little ears that looked like cat ears. Shikachi was alittle nervous but after mustering up enough courage, he walked to where she was sitting and sat next to her on the bench.

"They're beautiful aren't they?" He said referring to the fireflies covering the night sky.He had a cheesy smile on that showed that he didn't mean any harm at all but also that he had no worry in the world. At the instant he finished talking he stuck a finger out and a firefly landed right on it, shining with all the power it had. Shikachi was hoping that he had picked someone that would want to be a friend, not an enemy. "Oh and by the way, My names Nara, Shikachi but you can just call me Shika if you please."
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:44 am

Her legs were swaying forward and back, subconsciously, in entertainment of the little lights. She was definitely still a child, and if 'Kenny' had been there, he would have surely teased her about it. The swaying slowly stopped, as the thought fully entered her mind. How long had it been since he had left, since he had gone missing? She had forced the memory away for so long, she lost track of time. It had surely been a few months, if not, more. Her eyes met the ground, though her smile was fading now, it was still faintly there. For once, she didn't feel depressed, or confused - she was 'calm'. With all the emotional distress as of lately, she had become 'numb'. Whether this was a good or bad thing, she was unsure. But before she could let her mind wander further, footsteps broke her train of thought, and caught her attention.

Karis quickly glanced around, remembering the fact that she had forgotten to conceal her identifying characteristics. She surely stook out like a sore thumb, but before she could retreat, a boy had already approached her. Happening to catch his compliment to the little lights, she turned her attention to him casually. He was indeed right, they were quite the beautiful site. The boy smiled widely, sticking his finger out to catch a firefly. It sat patiently there, as if not afraid at all, knowing he would do no harm. She examined him further with the additional light upon his face from the small insect, coming to the conclusion that there wasn't much an age difference between the two. Her mind forced itself to remember if she had known the boy before hand, but she couldn't recall an image, or memory for that matter. This certainly must have been the first time they had met, she was sure, even if her wandering mind wasn't completely made up.

As he introduced himself off the bat, she stared at him a moment. She still hadn't said anything, she actually felt a bit misplaced. Nonetheless, she finally spun words, to ease the awkward silence she had created. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Shikachi.. Or Shika. Whichever you prefer." Her response was short, and as sweet as she could be. And to complete the greeting, she decided to give her name as well. "My name is Karis. I doubt you would know my name otherwise, I'm not exactly popular around here.." she rambled off, then caught herself, "Anyways, it's nice to share the lovely scenery with someone." Another flashback nearly took her focus once more, but she forced a smile, and the memory. She continued to sit on the bench, but patted the seat beside her, if Shikachi might want to sit as well. Karis didn't want this new face to feel uncomfortable, and she definitely didn't mind making new friends...
Back to top Go down
~Shikachi~
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
~Shikachi~

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 am

Shikachi responded to her signal to sit next to her. He walked to the seat next to her, and sat down slowly so he wouldn't look stupid. He was happy that she had invited him to take a seat, and by the way she was looking at him he could tell that she was a kind person. He didn't mind sitting down, it was better to be with a pretty girl, in such a beautiful setting then to be by himself. The sun was slowly but surely going down, yet it still had much of it's vibrant colors. The day was still alive.

He could tell that she looked sort of confused or thinking of something troubling by the look on her face, but it was cute to Shikachi. That's when he heard her name and thought Karis...What an amazing name. It had such a vibe to it, that he couldn't get it out of his head. "Yeah it is actually really nice to share the scene, as lovely as this with someone." He said shedding a short smile to show that he agreed with her statement.

"Something is troubling you isn't it. If not im sorry for my misconception." Shikachi said to Karis in sort of a questioning matter, he thought he saw a calm look in her face mixed with confusion. He could've swore there was something wrong. Shikachi had a cool smile while he was asking her just incase he was wrong he wouldn't look stupid. He would have felt awful if he was wrong. He just sat there and awaited for her answer, if she felt uncomfortable he would apologize. Freak! I shouldn't have asked that question. I'm so stupid i barely even know her. He thought to himself loudly in his head as if to discipline himself.
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 am

She smiled warmly as he decided to take a seat beside her, knowing now that he didn't feel to uncomfortable talking to strangers. Her eyes exchanged a glance, then met the horizon once more. The sun was finally setting now, leaving the leaves of the trees a burnt color against the slowly darkening sky. Normally, children would be on their way home, if not in bed already. However, Karis didn't really feel the need to leave just yet, she wanted to relax and watch the change of scenery right before her eyes. A busy life wasn't her thing, she liked to live in each moment, and take them as they came. If sitting on a bench in a vacant park with a seemingly harmless stranger was relaxing at the moment, then so be it.

Apparently she failed to hide her thoughtfulness, for Shikachi noticed her faint expressions, and 'off' responses. She sighed, turning her attention to him a moment, then shaking her head with a small, almost sarcastic laugh. Was it really that noticeable? Had it been written on her face the whole time? Karis managed to stray from her thoughts, and ease the boy's worries. "It's nice of you to be concerned, but it's nothing worth your worry." She attempted to reassure him that she was 'fine', and that there was nothing he needed to fret about. However, whether or not he would be persistent, she didn't really know. It was obvious he meant no harm in his words, and he wasn't looking for gossip, or just plain being nosey. It almost pained her to leave such a kind person in the dark, but it was truly her own problems, and she didn't want anyone else getting caught in the webs of her fate. If she could prevent others from stumbling upon her mess of troubles, then she might manage to keep others from getting hurt any further within her presence, which seemed so tainted from her personal perception.

As she focused again on the current situation, she realized that this boy she had only just met seemed to be beating himself up about asking such a selfless question. Karis couldn't help but tilt her head at him, with his peculiar self struggle. "Please, don't punish yourself over something so small. She insisted on assuring him that he did no wrong, and that he should feel no guilt. "You did not disturb me, if that's what you are thinking. And to me, you don't seem nosey at all." As she thought about it further, she couldn't help but giggle a little, but tried to hide it by covering her mouth with her hand. This boy was so self conscious, it seemed to her, and he apparently took her as someone who might be offended by his small concern. She couldn't help but be slightly amused, no matter how fretful the boy before her may have been. "Hehe.. You know, you shouldn't be disappointed just for being yourself." Karis was finally able to stop her laughter, but continued to smile...

Last edited by Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥ on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~Shikachi~
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
~Shikachi~

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 am

Taking a quick glance at Karis he saw one of the warmest smiles he had seen since his parents had died... What a pretty smile she has He noticed a lot of the details on this girl for some reason. He could tell that she didn't like the life of someone that was always busy, and that she was grateful for what she gets, and also that she takes everything as they come. He rarely met people like this and it made him feel good to make such a unique new friend. Sitting with her in the park was giving him the same sort of feeling, live things moment by moment, and he loved it.

Shikachi felt different about this girl then other people. She gave a quick sarcastic laugh, and Shikachi couldn't help but smile at that. When he heard her say that he needn't worry he felt like saying that he wanted to help her, but if she didn't want him in her business then so be it. He didn't feel bad at all because he respected this girl in a way that was wierd even for him. Although somehow she knew that he felt sort of bad, could she see it in his expression? Anyways he was in a better mood now that she had told him not to worry.

Gratefulness was the only feeling he felt towards karis when she told him not to worry himself over such a simple matter. Thank god i wasn't wrong. He thought to himself after hearing her say that everything was alright, and that he wasn't nosy. Out of no where Karis begins giggling, and tries to hide it by covering her mouth, "You have a cute giggle if I may say so myself." Shikachi complimented her, and hoped she would take it a good way. He didn't mean to sound wierd or give her a wierd feeling. After she stopped giggling, she had a smile that could light up the park all over again. "Thank you for putting my mind at ease Karis, i thought i said something that would make you feel uncomfortable." were the last words he said before becoming quiet again.
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Caught in her own amusement, she failed to notice her legs had already began to move back and forth once more. She could tell now that she had put him at ease, and for this, she was happy. As he complimented her, she couldn't help but bring her hand behind her head. She rubbed it nervously, as she blushed slightly. "Aha, is that so?" This wasn't in means to question his opinion, just the fact that she never really payed much attention to such a thing. However, the more she thought about it, everyone obviously had their own unique way about things, no matter the situation. Knowing this, it didn't surprise her that something as simple as her laugh might be noticed as different from others, or 'cute', as Shikachi had called it. With all this in mind, she couldn't help but continued to giggle more.

The easy silence that followed was peaceful, they both seemed at ease now - both seemed comfortable enough. While he mind wandered off a little more, she realized that small talk wouldn't be such a bad thing, and there was always something to talk about, right? Karis glanced back to Shikachi again, her smile still present. "So, what brings you here on this fine evening?" It was a simple question, and she expected nothing more than a simple answer. But this would make conversation easier, and allow her to get to know this new person. So far, she hadn't many friends her age in the village. This was caused especially since her brother had gone missing, for she hadn't communicated with any of his friends, and who were the only friends she had besides him. Other than have meeting Sky, she was basically alone. She hadn't a group of people she hung around with, nor did she really approach strangers, even if they were children like her. Karis just simply sat back and watched, and honestly didn't mind the solitude of it at all. However, the more she was introduced to friendly people, the more she liked company. And this was the company she enjoyed most - laid back conversation and relaxation...
Back to top Go down
~Shikachi~
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
~Shikachi~

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:50 am

It was about completely dark now, yet they stayed and continued to sit down and exhange words as if they knew each other for 100 years. Slowly, Karis began swinging her feet like a child. Shikachi could tell that she didn't even know that she was doing it. He thought that was awkward but everything about this girl that Shikachi knew was in one way or another awkward. Not in a bad way, in the exact opposite way. When Shikachi thought about this girl he thought cute, funny, unique and more.

"Yes it is." Shikachi said answering her question, and then saw her put her hand behind her hand. Shikachi couldn't help but smile at that gesture. Shikachi notices different things on different people, he could tell by the look on her face that she knew that. She continued giggling, and Shikachi whispered "I think we are gonna be great friends." not thinking that she will hear him. He felt as calm as he's ever felt, and could tell that Karis felt the same.

Thats when Karis looked at him with a smile, and asked what brought him to that spot on this fine evening. Shikachi was actually at the park for training and relaxation, which was why his clothes were ripped and his body was cut up a little. He came to the park everyday, and it was his routine. "Actually i come to the park to train everyday, by chance i saw you today, and you looked kind, so i thought maybe we could be friends." Shikachi responded to her question, and asked her another question.

She looked so nice in Shikachi's eyes, he could tell she was a wonderful person but for some reason she looked lonely, as if she didn't have anyone, and on the other hand she was enjoying herself with the conversation they were having. It made Shikachi feel good to know she was enjoying herself. It's a good thing that i made this girl a friend of mine. He thought to himself. "Excuse me miss is it alright if i ask you what brought brought a wonderful lady such as your self here on this wonderful evening?" With that Shikachi gave the girl the present of silence so she can answer his question. Then noticed that it was really dark, and he had to meet his sensei and squad tomorrow. "Excuse me Karis, I must be on my way, maybe we can have another wonderful conversation someday." and with that he was gone.

OOC:Just figured out that i can only be in 2 at once, and im in like 4 but im gonna start another topic in a little while.
^^
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

She listened patiently to his story, and quite envied his determination as a shinobi. Training everday took a lot of dedication, and it inspired her a bit more to take expand the limits of her own potential. If she could impress the fellow ninja of her village, then just maybe she would be prepared for a team. Then she could help her village even further, taking on missions, and helping wherever needed. Not only this, but she could make new friends as well. The more she thought about it, the more things began to look up. Could one new friend of hers effect her this much? Apparently so, and this honestly surprised her. Karis began to wonder what other people within her life had such great effects on her, and who she looked up to the most - her brother. If she became strong enough, she could find her brother, this she was sure. If she managed to convince the village that she could bring him home safely, and return in one piece herself, then she wouldn't have to feel so alone anymore. He was her only family, and for her to have ignored these facts for so long truly disgusted her. What had she been doing all this time, these wasted moments?

As she snapped back to reality, she noticed Shikachi's words. He was leaving, and she half wondered if it was her own fault for being so silent as she dazed off. She gracefully raised her hand to wave goodbye, but he was already on his way. After a deep breath, she managed to conjure words. "It was nice meeting you!" These words were purely true, and he didn't even realize what a gift it was for her to have met this boy. The world worked in stranger ways than she knew, but what she did know was with this new determination, she was going to make a change. She was going to get her life back...

[End of Topic.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fireflies. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflies. [Open]   Fireflies. [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fireflies. [Open]
Page 1 of 1