Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new rules sugestion

Go down 
+6
Ulkira
Cassus
Kyo
Absolute Greed.
Washi
Adam
10 posters
AuthorMessage

new rules sugestion Empty
PostSubject: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm

This is a system created to make fighting more enjoyeble in Ultimate Shinobi. It handles a phase system like in yughi oh games but transformed into Naruto.

This system handles all type off fighters and it would make the fights more logical and less Occ spamming between players who quarel on timeline errors or certain battle rules.

This is a easy system to implement with a hudge impact for future battles and Chuunin exams

A battle consists of a series of posts. Each post should usually account for about 3-5 seconds in the battle. The only thing that takes up more is talking, but keep it in reason; if there is a fireball barreling down on you, you won’t have time to say a paragraph. While fighting you want to be as descriptive as possible. You are trying to show creativity and you also want your fight to be interesting, like a story.

A post consists of:
1. Response Phase (as many as people that attacked you, for multi-person battles)
2. Setup Phase
3. Main Phase

!!!These phases always occur in the above order.

Response Phase

In the beginning of a player's turn if they were attacked, they get a Response Phase before the Main Phase. This is where you see if you dodge or not. You can also use a technique here to counter or dodge the attack (Ex. Body Substitute Technique). During the Response Phase a player can choose to do one of the following. ""You can do one or the other, NOT both. If you attempt to dodge and fail you cannot then go and use a technique or skill.""

Quote :
Block: use Kenjutsu,skills, or 1 technique to block the attack
Dodge:use skills,special abbilities or 1 technique to dodge the attack
Hit: Speaks for itself

In this phase you respond to all attacks aimed at you and any other actions that affect your character. You may use as many response phase skills and bloodline skills as your rank will allow. You may only use 1 Counter Response Phase technique.

Setup Phase

The setup phase is just as the name implies, a phase in which you may prepare for your main phase action, or do some other small task. The setup phase is not a phase in which you should be attackin your opponent, that should be left for the main phase. In the Setup Phase, you may do ONE of the following:

Quote :
- Use Items (Medical items, scrolls, etc.)
- Pull out/ Pick up a large weapon or item (larger than character’s hand). You do not need to use a turn to pull out a kunai, shuriken, etc. As many as logic will allow, you can’t wield 3 swords.
- Put away/ Drop a large weapon/ item (larger than character’s hand). You do not need to use a turn to put away a kunai, shuriken, etc. As many as logic will allow, you can’t stick a sword in a kunai pouch.
- Activate a bloodline that requires activation unless stated that it takes up the whole turn.
- Inscribe something onto a scroll.
-Puppeteer string control
-In battle traps you setup for future post [remember! this can't be firewalled by your opponent]

Main Phase

The main phase is just as it implies, the phase in which you take your main action for this turn. This will usually include using your technique to attack the opponent, but can include many other actions as well. In the Main Phase you may do ONE of the following:

Quote :

- Use a Ninjutsu, Taijutsu,fuujinjutsu(remember the setup phase for these skill users!!) or Genjutsu.
- Use basic attacks (punches/kicks). The amount depends on your ranks and tai skill lvl(+1 boost once a fight because of your intense body speed and power training,only for tai main elements).
-Gennin - 2 per post
-Chuunin - 3 per post
-Jounin - 4 per post
-Sennin - 5 per post

- Use Small weapons (shuriken, needles, etc.)
-Gennin - 2 per post
-Chuunin - 4 per post
-Jounin - 6 per post
-Sennin - 8 per post

- Use Medium weapons.
-Gennin - 1 per post
-Chuunin - 2 per post
-Jounin - 3 per post
-Sennin - 4 per post

- Use Large weapons.
- Gennin - 1 per post
- Chuunin - 1 per post
- Jounin - 2 per post
- Sennin - 2 per post

- Use Puppets.
- Gennin - (1-2) per post
- Chuunin - (1-4) per post
- Jounin - (1-9) per post
- Sennin - 1-50+ per post [only high lvl puppeteers can fight like Sasori did)

Summoning

If you want to summon a creature with a contract you lose your response phase and setup phase for that turn! And your summoning becomes your main phase!!
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:39 pm

As I said in your pm, we will see others before we take it further.

I commend you on your well thought out plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm

this is the basic system tho, i have a entire ruleset i can add on how to dodge or block
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Run a poll first before implementing any fighting system.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I, personally, completely despise fighting systems, for the following reasons.

1, they often take away from creativity
2, There are some situations where this system would give an advantage to some, and a disadvantage to others.
3 Systems in general are much too static, there are many situations in which the fighting system would not make sense.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am

Rping is meant to be about being creative and having fun - how are you suppose to do that when you have to follow rules everytime you post? People should be free to Rp in their own way and not how someones else tells them to.

I don't think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 am

I'm a bit new to this site, but I've been in enough RPs to know that even a flawlessly balanced combat system (this isn't) tends to create far more frustration than it solves. It also by its very nature restricts the options RPers have in any situation. Maybe it'd help to add a new course on combat to the Academy or some such, but don't lock down the site as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:01 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:40 pm

So far its swaying to no.
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea, so I'm gonna have to say no to it.
Back to top Go down
Chris Kees
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Chris Kees

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah I like my freedom. Only rules needed are No God Modding, Metagaming, Etc.
Back to top Go down
Izumo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Izumo

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm

I must say you planned this out nicely, but its nothing unique. Sorry dude but I will have to agree with the majority. This site doesn't need a fighting system implemented.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Izumo wrote:
I must say you planned this out nicely, but its nothing unique. Sorry dude but I will have to agree with the majority. This site doesn't need a fighting system implemented.

I'll happily second that.
Back to top Go down
~Deadwood Zen~
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
~Deadwood Zen~

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 am

Its a great concept, jsut not something that this site is looking for now or in the future. ON the other hand, Im working on a Naruto RPG(like Dungeons and Dragons but Naruto) using a miz of Palladium Books, d20 and my own custom rules. This could work out nicely for the game im working on right now. If you want, I could send youwhat i have so far, and you could help me on the game, if youd like of course...
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:20 am

I believe it's been decided then..

No to the new fighting system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 am

sure osaru, i love d20... i can make such thing in php if needed...just pm me m8
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Topic Locked and Moved to the Historical Achieves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rules sugestion   new rules sugestion Empty

Back to top Go down

new rules sugestion
Page 1 of 1