Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summon: Combat Wasp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

Summon: Combat Wasp Empty
PostSubject: Summon: Combat Wasp   Summon: Combat Wasp EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:19 am

Name: Combat Wasp

Nickname: ###### [Fighting Wasps use a number instead of a name.]

Species: Wasp

Looks:
Spoiler:
These large, all-black wasps are noticeably larger than an average wasp. Their bodies are covered in fine bristles that often have beads of some black fluid clinging to them. Their wings resemble a normal wasp's at first glance, but an observer will realize that they are not translucent in the least-- they're as thick as kunai. The body of a fighting wasp is so heavy it seems a miracle they can fly-- but they fly so fast.

Personality: Fighting Wasps do not use names-- they're an affectation of "history." Fighting Wasps do not believe in "history." Their function is combat, with each generation spending the first half of their lives fighting and the second half (when they deteriorate) teaching the next generation.

Age: Fighting Wasps live for about a year, but they generally only answer summons between the ages of four and eight months.

History: Fighting Wasps live for battle, live like flames. Their bodies are strong, but the energy required to move armored shells in combat while performing ninjutsu guarantees an early death of exhaustion. They love it, love battle with a passion. No nine-tailed monstrosity ever asked "Who do you want to kill?" more fervently.

Jutsus:

Name: Shunshin no Jutsu - Body Flicker Technique
Element: N/A
Description: Fighting Wasps are not precisely aerodynamic. They compensate for this by having a chakra system that would not be a disgrace to an academy student. They can fly.

Name: Dokueki - Venom
Element: Venom (fire and wind)
Description: A Fighting Wasp's Venom is administered in the traditional fashion. Once a shinobi is stung, the traditional stinging, burning, and swelling ensue. However, a Fighting Wasp's chakra-enhanced venom is much more potent than normal venom. Where it takes about 8.6 stings per pound of body weight to kill a healthy human, Fighting Wasp stings are fatal when they reach a 1:1 ratio with pounds of body weight. Other effects are correspondingly greater.

Name: Kaze Tansen no Jutsu - Art of Wind's Edge.
Element: Wind
Description: By stretching its physical resources to the limit, the wasp essentially renders itself briefly "normal," capable of surviving without an outsized chakra network and the kind of controlled burn that goes through a lifetime in a single year. The surfeit of energy that would normally be spent to keep the body airborne and in combat (and, indeed, to keep it alive) is collected and channeled. Observers claim to have observed multi-legged "handsigns" in use. The resulting hair-thin wind technique, while it wouldn't impress a Hokage, is pretty good for an insect less than a foot long. It can slice an inch and a half of tempered steel. The insect in question generally goes home shortly after using it.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Combat Wasp   Summon: Combat Wasp EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:34 am

summoning summons a SINGLE animal.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Combat Wasp   Summon: Combat Wasp EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 am

okay correction, it is possible to summon more than one.

However, doing so is more taxing. Kakashi, an S ranked Jounin only managed to summon 7 dogs. So I'm limiting you to 2 at a time. in which case wasps wouldn't really be beneficial to summon. Unless of course they're giant wasps?
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Combat Wasp   Summon: Combat Wasp EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

I know that only one animal at a time is summoned, but from the show and manga (note Naruto's efforts with the toads especially) it seems that a summon functions as a "call" to a group of animals, and the animals themselves have some control over who is summoned ("Why are you coming out, Gamakichi?").

In other words, a Genin especially would probably only be able to control the power level of the creature summoned unless his 'friends on the other end' were also involved. I can give them names and change them every [interval] if you want, I suppose...

EDIT given your new post: two comments--
1. Even one of most of the wasps (written and planned) would be fairly useful in my eyes. Maybe I'm not gauging the "power level" of this site properly, though, so that's your call.
2. Kakashi summoned seven specific dogs simultaneously. He's a high-level Jounin, so it didn't seem to tax him excessively. My character's a Genin, BUT in the narutoverse, summon size= effort (chakra amount/control) required to summon (as best I can tell), so wasps would be easier than dogs, and generic wasps would be even easier. Again, it's up to your interpretation, but that's what I was thinking when I wrote them.

And on size-- The D and C-ranked wasps are outsized, the E-ranked ones are smaller that average.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Combat Wasp   Summon: Combat Wasp Empty

Back to top Go down

Summon: Combat Wasp
Page 1 of 1