Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.

Go down 
+2
Fox
Washi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Current argument about Xylo's latest post. Fox's major concern seems to be the puppets moving against the wind. Xylo's rebuttle is that wind would not exist in the flame.

Firstly wind and whether it would hinder movement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Red_Spot#Great_Red_Spot

Wind that doesn't have oxygen in it, for Xylo's information.

Fuuton Daitoppa hindering movement: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/46/17/

Wind existing in fire:

Kakuzu using a mixture of his katon and fuuton:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/336/11/

That would hinder the movement of puppets.

Wind circulation inside fires in real life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestorm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_whirl

Next check the jutsu description of Fuuton: Daitoppa which clearly mentions a variation involving a small flame with the wind.

Wind would still exist if oxygen was consumed, please learn what wind is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind
Back to top Go down
Fox
Sand Chuunin
Sand Chuunin
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Okay, since this has been made now I need to clarify a few things. This is what Xylo is arguing for and what I am arguing against:

A) The puppet inhaling the attack won't be damaged. [My comment: Really?]
B) The 'advancing' puppet will not be hindered or damaged. [My comment: Seriously?]
C) Wind does not exist, because the flame (not even a massive one, either) is cancelling the entire thing out. [My comment: Um...what?]
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:24 pm

My supreme wisdom

A) Obviously the puppets would sustain damage of some sort. The vacuum isn't Chiyo's A-ranked fuuinjutsu and even that, wouldn't fully deal with fuuton daitoppa + fire combination. I'm icky about the whole logic of stopping the flames by the drawing in of air particles COOKIE

B) Common sense here dictates that the advancing puppet will barely be able to move against the strong wind.

C) Talked about this in my opening post. The jutsu description and logic, point towards the fact that wind would exist, especially as the fire is a relatively small one and not going against the wind but rather going with the flow.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Sand Chuunin
Sand Chuunin
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Okay, one more thing to contest:

A) Apparently the puppet absorbing my attack with this "vacuum" can inhale my Fuuton attack the second it leaves my mouth, nullifying my attempt at a continued blast. Considering there is a good space of the arena between me and that particular puppet...
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:50 pm

A) I have no idea how his puppet works, but yes, I don't think it can inhale Fuuton:Daitoppa the second it leaves your mouth and nullify it. It sucks in air particles which doesn't interfere with the wind IMO, rather the vacuum creates more wind in the direction of that puppet.

Here's the closest thing to a vacuum done by puppets:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/273/06/

Note that this is done by Chiyo's ten legendary puppets. Essentially S-ranked puppets and the vacuum itself is a B-ranked fuuinjutsu technique I believe. It's called Sanbon Kyuukai, can't get the official databook description on it but you can search for it. It also requires 3 puppets. In any case, a genin's puppet vacuum would be a lot weaker although he doesn't really explain how the vacuum works.
Back to top Go down
Vallen
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Vallen

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:57 pm

..Hmmm-Looks over the situation-......If the purpose of the jutsu is to ignite the flam then i don't see how it doesn't work.

That said where there to be a flame and you used wind to suck it in...your wind would increase the flame...Well even just suckin' in the air would most likely fill your pupped with either super heated air or fire its self, little way around that. Sorry dude.

And if you argue that its just the air partials...Thats extra flammable.......

Though that's not to say anything. Not to help or hinder anyone but wood can hold a flame in a hollow cavity for up to an hour before the wood is chard beyond use.-Is a volenteer firefighter-

....That is all...
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm

*is thinking*
Back to top Go down
Aries
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:27 pm

the puppet only absorb particles

it didn't absorb the actual fire

and this puppet is rather large

Last edited by Xylo on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox
Sand Chuunin
Sand Chuunin
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

What you just said makes no sense - no one is saying that it would absorb your actual puppet. That said, how exactly does it "just absorb particular things"? Puppets are made of particles too.
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't think he means absorb, I think he's used the wrong word there. More like drawing in/sucking in, referring to the vacuum. COOKIE
Back to top Go down
Aries
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 pm

correct
Back to top Go down
Fox
Sand Chuunin
Sand Chuunin
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:41 pm

True, but now that Xylo has pointed this out to us, why is his other puppet unaffected when it moves past the first one to attack me?
Back to top Go down
Aries
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:44 pm

you told me to repost and thats wat i'm doin

i'm changing the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Fox
Sand Chuunin
Sand Chuunin
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Oh good.
Back to top Go down
Aries
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm

but the way the other never passed my first puppet

go read it again i think u missed that
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Kibaka

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:29 am

wait....
Unless you're making a proper vacuum (a space where there is no air)
the the fire should hurt you, because you've sucked it in.

...right?
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 am

It doesn't matter anymore. Apparently Xylo quit the site which would give an auto-win to Fox.
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Kibaka

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 am

oh, okay Razz

lol
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Seems like disputes are continuing in this fight. IMO, an admin or a mod should deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:33 am

This topic has been Archived, bitches!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.   Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar. Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion on Xylo vs Fox spar.
Page 1 of 1